Lake Orion Vision
Optometrists located in Lake Orion, MI
Suffering from dry, itchy, red, or burning eyes? You are not alone. Between 30 to 40 million Americans are estimated to suffer from Dry Eye Disease. Meibomian GIand Dysfunction (MGD) is considered a leading cause of Dry Eye Disease, accounting for about 86% of cases. * Dry Eye disease due to MOD can have a significant impact on your quality of life, leading to foreign body sensation, pain, blurry vision, dry or watery eyes. We know how tough and frustrating this can be — and you deserve a solution.
OptiLight — P. Bright Solution For Dry Eyes
*86% of dry eye patients have an evaporative component of dry eyes.
The first and only IPL, FDA-approved for dry eye management
OptiLight with Lumenis patented Optimal Pulse Technology uses precise, intense broad spectrum light to address the inflammation — one of the key underlining factors in dry eye disease due to MGD.
OptiLight is specifically developed to reach the delicate contours of the treated area safely, effectively, and gently.
OptiLight sets new treatment standards and helps patients find a real solution.
Elevating Dry Eye management
Backed by numerous clinical studies, OptiLight's novel Optimal Pulse Technology (OPT) provides a transformative, safe, and efficacious wag to improve signs of Dry Eye disease due to MGD.
OptiLight was designed for your peace of mind, delivering treatment that is safe and precise.
Optimal results in just a few short sessions
- A course of treatment typically includes 4 sessions spaced 2-4 weeks apart.
- Each session usually takes only 10-15 minutes.
- During the treatment, your practitioner will apply a coupling gel on the treatment area and cover jour eyes with shields.
- You may experience a warm sensation as light is applied to the skin, the treatment is gentle with minimum discomfort.
- OptiLight is often followed by Meibomian Glands expression.
OptiLight treatment isn't invasive and is done in the area below the eyes.
Gentle, fast, no downtime
- Immediately following treatment, you may experience some redness. This will usually disappear within a few hours.
- You can return to your daily activities and apply makeup straight away in most cases. You will be advised to stay out of direct sunlight for a few days and to apply sunscreen.
- Patients usually report an improvement after their 2nd or 3rd treatment.
- Maintenance treatments are usually recommended every 6-12 months, to ensure the best long-term results.